Summit Speaker Series
April 23, 2020
- What is voice and choice?
- Voice: learners can share their thoughts and opinions, participate in, and eventually drive their learning.
- Choice: learners can make decisions about their educational journey
- What does the research say?
- Daniel Pink – Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
- Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
- What does this look like in music classes?
- Musical voice & speaking voice
- Student teaching & leadership opportunities
- Skills assessment
- Concert announcements & program notes
- Musical choices
- Social Media
- Reflection and Goal Setting
- What am I doing for students that they could be doing for themselves?
- Where to get more information:
Presented by Theresa Hoover Ducassoux & Kathryn Finch, International Music Education Summit, June 11-13, 2020